Ok, I lied, it’s actually 1 week and 1 day away, but for the sake of a Blog Post, it was more of a headline grabber 🙂
Now whether you’re a tech nerd like myself, or even just a casual follower of technology-related news, you know that there is something BIG coming, literally.
The iPhone 6 is set to be revealed on September 9th at 10:00 am PT (1:00pm ET) during a special event. Invitations were sent out late last week:
This is the first time that I can remember an Apple event in which they don’t include some type of hint as to what will be announced. If you recall, the iPhone 5 special event invitations included the date 9/12/12 with the shadow of a “5” being cast. The most recent rumors indicate that the long-awaited “iWatch” will also be revealed alongside the iPhone 6. This may lead to the reason why “Wish we could say more” is the tagline, indicating that Apple has a huge amount to reveal to the public.
There is so much to talk about with the iPhone 6 in terms of changes. So many rumors that are circling around the internet. So let me save you some time and generate a quick summary (and a couple of legitimate pictures) of the yet to be revealed device:
- Larger Screen – There will be 2 sizes introduced. A 4.7″ and 5.5″
- Improved Display – The resolution and pixel density will be increased, giving an even clearer, brighter display
- Better Camera – 13 megapixel, increased aperture with an improved flash. Expect an improved front camera as well
- Overall Form Factor – Thinner, slightly wider aluminum back (see picture below)
- Faster Processor – The A8 Chip will be included, providing the usual increase in performance and power efficiency
- A 128gb capacity iPhone 6 will be available
- 2 gb of RAM,
- AC wireless chip (for faster wifi)
The picture below is from examiner.com and shows what is most widely believed to be the iPhone 6:
There is no doubt that this will be the biggest and most important iPhone release that Apple has had to date. There is no doubt that users have been clamoring for a larger screen, as that has been the #1 complaint among iPhone users. With faster Wifi and LTE, consumers are using their phones now more than ever to create content, view videos and play games. A larger screen is a no-brainer at this point and in my opinion is slam dunk for the iPhone 6.
iOS 8 will also be debuting with the new iPhone(s) and comes with some new features such as FINALLY being able to leave those annoying group texts, the ability to send quick audio messages and continuity (the ability to answer your phone calls from your iMac/iPad/iPod Touch). This along with dozens of other upgrades you can find on Apples website.
This upgrade to Apple’s flagship device is one that has been a long time coming, and in one week there will be no more mystery.
That is, until next September.